Our volunteers play an important role in all phases of the wish granting process: From working in child-focused wish teams; to solicitations of goods and services that meet the needs of specific wishes; to assisting at special events & fundraisers! Thanks to their generosity, we have fulfilled many wishes.
To get started today:
- Attend volunteer training (see times and locations listed below)
- Turn in your volunteer paperwork and 2 donated gift cards ($25 minimum value for each) at the training you attend
- After step 1 and 2 are completed, you will receive the link to complete your background check (Estimated cost $24.99)
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION BELOW:
(All paperwork must be filled out entirely)
Download our new volunteer application
Download our background check authorization form
Download our adult consent form
You must attend one of our upcoming new volunteer orientations in order to become a volunteer.
Upcoming Texas Orientations:
April 04, 2017 - College Station Area Orientation
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (attending all two hours is mandatory!)
Aloft College Station
1150 University Drive East
College Station, TX 77840
For questions about upcoming College Station orientations, email email@example.com
April 27, 2017 - Houston Area Orientation (Stafford, TX)
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
12625 Southwest Freeway
Upcoming Louisiana Orientations:
March 29, 2017 - Monroe Area Orientation
7 pm to 9 pm
Warehouse No. 1 Restaurant
1 Olive St.
Monroe, LA 71201
June 22, 2017 - Houma Area Orientation
7 pm to 9 pm
Outback Steak House
1516 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Houma, LA 70360
To help prepare our new volunteers for community involvement and granting wishes, we also ask that each person donate two gift cards ($25 minimum each) to our Chapter. These items can be purchased by you, but this request is actually meant to serve two purposes.
First, our chapter uses these items in our auctions to raise money to grant wishes. Second, as a wish volunteer and representative of Make-A-Wish, you will gain experience talking to members of the community to help raise funds for our chapter. You will join us as we strive to grant wishes in the most cost effective way. We find that this step in the “new volunteer” process serves a valuable purpose and helps prepare the volunteer for what’s to come. You will have a jump start on the application process if you can bring your two items to the orientation.
To find out more about how to get involved, please read below the many different opportunities we have to offer:
- Fundraising – Help us secure donated goods and services, write grants and/or sponsorship proposals, build partnerships with local companies, conduct research on giving campaigns conducted by local companies, organize a frequent-flier donation campaign, plan/organize an external event to benefit Make-A-Wish.
- Office – Assist with miscellaneous projects at the office, including phone calls, wish research, mailings, etc.
- Speaker’s Bureau – Speak at community, school, business or civic events to increase support for Make-A-Wish while educating audiences about the Make-A-Wish mission.
- Special Events – Plan, organize, and implement successful Make-A-Wish fundraising events by working on event committees, helping out on the event day and/or participating in the event.
- Translator – Some wish kids come from non-English-speaking families, and we need help to determine their wish. Translators have the option of becoming fully trained wish granting volunteers. They can also provide short-term support as needed.
- Wish Granting – Wish granters meet the family, help the wish child determine the wish and act as a liaison between Make-A-Wish staff members and the family during the planning process. Wish granters must be at least 21 years old and must attend a mandatory in-depth training session.
If you have additional questions about volunteering in Texas please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about volunteering in Louisiana please email email@example.com.