Workplace giving in America raises $2 billion every year through employee payroll deduction gifts. While the true impact of a wish cannot be measured in dollars and cents, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® relies on the generosity of individuals and corporate supporters to provide the necessary funds to create an amazing experience for each and every wish child.
Your support of the Wishmakers At Work program will directly benefit children with life-threatening medical conditions in your community. Become the architect of a child’s wish and help make it a reality.
See below for some program ideas that might work for your workplace...although, the sky is the limit and we encourage you to create your own ideas as well!
- Payroll Deduction - Employees can specify a donation amount to be withheld from their paycheck. These donations can be a one-time gift, or their contribution can be spread out over recurring pay periods. Employee donations are entirely voluntary, and the best part is they are also tax deductible!
- Online Workplace Giving - To accommodate companies that prefer to track the pledge and payment process electronically, collecting workplace-giving donations online is a popular option. Make donating easy by choosing a corporate giving site that allows your company to track and collect payments. Check with your Human Resources department to see if your company has a preferred online workplace-giving vendor. Or click here to design your online fundraising page!
- Organize a Frequent Flyer Campaign - Your company can help the Foundation reach its goal by organizing a frequent flyer campaign and encouraging your employees to donate frequent flyer miles. Click here to learn more about our Wishes in Flight®
- Donate Your Hotel Loyalty Points - Hotel accommodations are another critical element of wish granting. An average travel wish requires six nights of lodging for four to eight family members – that’s more than 54,000 room nights per year. We currently accept hotel reward points donations from Best Western, Hyatt and Starwood.
- Hold an External Event - Events are a great way to bring everyone together to help make wishes come true. Some of many examples may be Golf/Fishing Tournaments, Dinner & Auction, Restaurant Openings, Marathons, and Donations in lieu of flowers, birthday/wedding gifts, bowl-a-thons, etc.
*All events to benefit Make-A-Wish® should have prior approval by the President/CEO and a “Special Events Proposal” form should be completed by the sponsoring party. All promotional materials that include the use of the Make-A-Wish logo, for the special event, will have to be pre-approved by the Development Department before they can be produced.
Wishmakers At Work Proposal - TXLA copy
If you are interested in creating a Wishmakers at Work program at your workplace please reach out to us directly: Contact Us